Significant Investor – MIF
April 22, 2017
Significant Investor Visa (SIV) applicants choose low risk Funds
• Mutual Limited has over 50 applicants to its Funds
• All applicants have chosen low-risk bank debt funds
• Mutual offers a specialised ‘Balancing Investments’ fund
• Mutual specialises in offering low risk products to conservative investors
• SIVs are not looking for high risk investments for their SIV funds
Mutual Limited is a conservative Melbourne based Fund Manager with $2.4bn FUM/A.
Mutual Limited has received more than 50 applications into 2 separate funds, both being low risk and capital stable funds.
With the changes to SIV program effective 30 June 2015; MIF is a complying investment (Balancing Investments).
Our experience has shown that individual applicants are looking for a safe and secure investment with low volatility. While government bonds offer security, the returns are low and interest rate risks need to be considered.
Equity funds are very volatile and property funds are complicated.
MIF offers a return higher than bonds, but within the risk constraints generally acceptable to applicants.
The last 3 year return for MIF has been 4.01%p.a. versus a benchmark of 2.56%p.a.
The fund offers high capital security, with low volatility.
Returns consistently outperform cash management trusts and the Bloomberg AusBond Bank Bill Index.
Key features of the fund are:
• Australian bank debt securities only
• Minimum 40% with major banks
• Low volatility
• Short duration
• Targeting 1.50% to 2.00% above benchmarks
• No derivatives
Mutual can be contacted with the following details.
03 8681 1900
*All returns are pre-fees